This Hearty Soup is Perfect For A Cold Winter’s Day. It’s Gluten Free And Paleo.
1 Package of Stewing Beef
1 White Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 1/2 Cups of Beef Broth
1/2 Cup of Tomato Sauce
1 Cup of Water
1 Small Sweet Potato
2 Stalks of Celery
1/2 Cup Corn
8 White Mushrooms
1/2 of a Zucchini
1/2 Cup Peas
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Basil
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1. In a large pot brown the beef.
2. Chop, then add onions and garlic.
3. Then chop and add, carrots, celery , zucchini, mushrooms and sweet potato.
4. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
5. Add beef broth and tomato sauce.
6. Add peas and corn.
7. Then add water, balsamic vinegar, basil and oregano.
8. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer on low for 1 hour or transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
Note: If using the slow cooker, I add the sweet potatoes and corn 1 hour before serving. The sweet potatoes tend to fall apart if they cook for too long.