This Chicken Satay is one of my absolute favorite recipes. It’s really easy to make and tastes amazing. I could eat it everyday of the week. It’s make with a delicious creamy peanuty red Thai curry sauce. Chicken Satay can be eaten as an appetizer or as a meal with a side of rice and vegetables.
1 Can of red Thai Curry or 1 can of Coconut Milk and 2 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp White Vinegar
4 Chicken Breasts
1. Strain the vegetable from the curry into a pot. Bring the curry to a boil over medium heat.
If you re using Coconut milk and curry paste instead, you start with the curry past in the pot over medium heat then slowly stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
2. Add Peanut butter, Sugar and Vinegar to the pot.
3. Stir or whisk constantly until it starts to boil.
4. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
I use this peanut sauce as a stir fry sauce as well.
This part will depend on if you want to BBQ Or broil them. If BBQing you will want to use skewers. In which case you should soak wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour before using, just so they won t burn as much.
1. Cut the chicken breast into long strips.
2. Using a large container, cover the chicken breast with peanut sauce. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight, depending on how much time you have.
3. If using skewers, Skew the chicken strips length wise. Then BBQ on a well oiled grill until caramelized. It will take around 20 minutes.
If your going to use your oven instead, then preheat oven at 450 F. Place marinated chicken strips flat into a well oil pan.
Bake for 10 minutes, then turn your oven to broil for the remaining 10-15 minutes. Turning once or twice throughout.
4. Serve with rice and Vegetables or on its own as an appetizer.
If you liked this recipe for Gluten Free Chicken Satay, you may also like these recipes for:
Lets Connect on Social Media