This Gluten Free Soup is creamy and and packed full of vegetables. It’s the perfect meal for a cold winter day.
1 White Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 Celery Stalks
1 Large Potato
1/2 of a Acorn Squash
1/2 Cup of Corn
1/2 of a Zucchini
2 Cups of Chicken Stock
1 Cup of Water
4 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Rice Flour
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Cheese
1 Tsp Salt ( If your chicken stock is salted you may not want to add more salt)
1 Tsp Basil
1. Dice up onions and garlic. Fry in butter, in a large pot.
2. Slice carrots, celery and mushrooms and add to the pot.
3. Peel and dice potato and squash, then add to the pot as well.
4. Slice up and add zucchini and the add the corn.
5. Pour in the chicken stock and water and let simmer on low for 1/2 to 1 hour.
6. In a second pot melt 3 Tbsps of butter then add the rice flour. Stir to make a paste.
7. Then slowly stir in the milk, stiring constantly until it begins to boil.
8. Pour the milk and flour mixture into the main soup pot.
9. Bring to a boil once again while stiring often.
10. Stir in the cream and cheese, then salt and basil. Let simmer on low for another 1/2 hour.
Note: If you like your soup thicker, don’t add the water.