Do you feel sick or have bad heart burn after eating? Do you feel bloated and tired all the time? Have you been trying to figure what’s causing your digestion issues? Maybe you’re Gluten Intolerant. More and more people have been diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance and are switching to a Gluten Free Diet.
Here are some of the signs that you’re Gluten Intolerant –
1. Digestive Problems – You may have intense heart burn or acid reflux. You can have diarrhea, constipation or IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) . You can also feel nauseous.
2. Inflammation, Swelling and Joint Pain – You might have swollen fingers and sore joints.
3. Migraine Headaches – You may get bad headaches, especially after eating.
4. Mood Issues – You may experience mood swings, irritability or depression.
5. Fatigue – You may feel tired or have brain fog after eating.
6. Weight Gain – You may have a layer of unexplained flab, or a pouch/spare tire that just won’t leave. This one tends to be a sore subject. Some may disagree but for me personally, this was the case.
If you are experiencing some or all of these symptoms you should make an appointment with your doctor. You should also try going for a week or two without eating wheat. See how you feel. If you do feel better, you may want to consider switching to a Gluten Free diet.
For those who are Gluten Intolerant… Are there any other symptoms that you had that aren’t listed here? Was weight gain an issue for you? Have you lost weight since going gluten free?