Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
These Delicious Gluten Free Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes are made with Sockeye Salmon and Sweet Potatoes. The Sweet Potatoes compliment the Salmon Perfectly. They make a Great Appetizer or Side Dish and can be made ahead of time if needed. I like to dip mine in tartar sauce but you could use just a squeeze of lemon and they would still taste wonderful.
1 Can of Sockeye Salmon
1 Small Sweet Potato
2 Tbsp Minced White Onion
1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Corn Flakes
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Dried Basil
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Pe heat oven to 400 F.
2. Cook and mash the sweet potato.
3. Mix the the salmon and sweet potato together.
4. Add egg and minced onion. Then half of the basil, oregano and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
6. Crush the corn flakes and add the rest of the basil, oregano and salt and pepper.
7. Using a spoon make balls with the salmon mixture. Roll in the crushed corn flakes then flatten into patties.
8. Fry in olive oil for 3 minutes per side.
9. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, turning half way.
If you liked this recipe for Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes, Then you may also like these recipes for:
Lets Connect on Social Media