This light and creamy, Gluten Free Cherry Cheesecake is made with a flaky Chocolate Shortbread Cookie Crust. Try it with Cherries or Blueberries or just leave it plain, either way it’s sure to please.
For the Cheese Cake –
1 Package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Cup Whipping Cream
2 Tbsp Icing Sugar
1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
For the Crust –
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, cut the butter into small pieces.
2. Add the rice flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder to butter.
3. Mix together with your hands. The dough will look too dry at first but don’t add anything to it. Just keep mixing it, squishing the flour and and butter between your fingers. It will take 5 – 10 minutes but a dark chocolaty dough ball will form.
4. Wrap the dough ball with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
5. On a lightly (rice) floured surface roll out the dough, into the shape of your pan. It may seem crumbly at first but just keep pressing it with your fingers.
6. Place the dough into the bottom of your springform pan or a cake pan lined with tin foil or parchment paper.
7. Return to refrigerator for another 15-20 minutes.
8. Pre heat oven to 300 F. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Then leave it in the pan and let it cool completely.
9. In a large bowl whip the cream cheese, until it’s light and fluffy. Then whip in the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream and icing sugar until firm. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, until well combined.
10. Pour the mixture over the shortbread and smooth out with a spoon. Place into the refrigerator for 2- 3 hours. Pour the cherry pie filling over the cake right before serving.
If you liked this Easy Gluten Free Recipe for Cherry Cheesecake, you may also like these recipes for
Let’s Connect on Social Media