Gluten Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Gluten Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup tastes just like the Cheese Sauce Mom used to make. For something a little different, try switching the Broccoli with Cauliflower and the Cheddar with Havarti or Provolone.
6 Tbsp Butter
1 White Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 – 4 Heads of Broccoli
4 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Milk
3 Tbsp Rice Flour
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Mince the onion and garlic and fry in 3 Tbsp of butter, in a large pot, over low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Wash, chop, then add the broccoli to the pot. Let fry on low for another 10 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock and water, then let simmer for 1/2 an hour.
4. In a small pot melt 3 Tbsp of butter over medium heat. Then add the flour and stir into a paste. Let brown for 1 minute, then slowly stir in the milk. Stir constantly until it begins to boil. Then add to the main soup pot.
5. Stir well, then add the cheese and heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Let simmer on low for 1/2 hour.
If you loved this Broccoli Cheddar Soup Gluten Free recipe, you may also love these recipes for
Let’s Connect on Social Media