Marshmallow Peppermint Patties
These chewy Gluten Free Marshmallow Peppermint Patties are easy to make and taste amazing. If you’re not a fan of mint or you just want to try something a little different, then try switching the mint extract for Rootbeer, Banana or any other flavor you can think of. They are perfect for parties, gatherings or just spoiling the family.
1 Tbsp Butter
25 Large Marshmallows
2 Tsp Mint Extract
8 – 10 Drops of Green Food Coloring
1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
3 Cups Chocolate Coating
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Use a spatula and coat the sides of the pot with the butter.
2. Add the marshmallows to the pot and stir periodically until they start to melt. Once they have almost all melted, stir until smooth.
3. Add the mint extract and food coloring and stir well.
4. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 of a cup of the icing sugar. Quickly stir until combined then scrape onto 1/2 cup icing sugar spread onto the counter.
5. Knead the mixture, mixing in the last 1/2 cup of icing sugar, for 5 – 10 minutes or until it is smooth and no longer sticky.
6. Melt the chocolate in a double broiler.
7. Cut the minty marshmallow mixture into 1 inch pieces. Then roll into balls and flatten with your fingers.
8. Using 2 forks dip the discs into the chocolate, making sure to completely cover them. Scrape off the extra chocolate from the bottom and transfer on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Then put them into the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes.
If you liked this recipe for Marshmallow Peppermint Patties, Then you may also like these recipes for
Let’s Connect on Social Media