This Thai Beef Massaman Curry is one of my favorites. You can add more Vegetables or make it with Chicken or Shrimp instead of Beef. It also makes a tasty Vegetarian Dish if you skip the Beef and add some Squash instead. It helps if you keep your can of coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. This will make it easier to separate the liquid from the cream.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Massaman Curry Paste
1 Lb Stewing Beef
1 White Onion
2 White Potatoes
1 Green Pepper
1 Can of Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce (Optional)
4 Lime Leaves (Optional)
1. Cut the beef into smaller bite sized pieces, if needed. Then fry it in the oil over medium heat.
2. Dice the onion and add to the pot once the beef is almost cooked through.
3. Peel and dice the potatoes, then add them to the pot.
4. Add the curry paste and optional fish sauce and lime leaves.
5. Dice up the green pepper and zucchini, then add to pot.
6. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge, flip it over and open the can upside down. Drain the liquid from the can into the curry pot. Put the rest back in the fridge.
7. Stir well, then let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
8. Add the rest of the coconut milk to the pot. Stir well then let simmer for another 10 – 20 Minutes.
9. Serve with a side of rice.