Samosas Gluten Free
These crispy Gluten Free Samosas are incredibly easy to make and are extremely delicious. They’re a wonderfully spiced mashed potato and green pea filling, wrapped with rice paper wrappers and baked in the oven. They make a great appetizer served with Mint or Mango Chutney.
2 Large White Potatoes
1/2 Of a White Onion
1/2 Cup Peas
2 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Garam Masala (Indian spice mix)
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
Part of a Package of Rice Paper
1. Peel, dice and boil the potatoes. Strain then mash with 1 Tbsp of butter and the milk.
2. Dice and fry the onion in 1 Tbsp of butter.
3. Boil or steam the peas, but don’t over cook them.
4. Add the cooked onion and spices to the potatoes. Mix until well blended.
5. Add the peas and mix just until combined, don’t mash them.
6. Pre heat your oven to 425 F.
7. Fill a large mixing bowl 1/4 full with water. Place the rice paper into the water one sheet at a time. Soak for 1-2 minutes or just until it’s soft enough to work with.
8. Place the softened rice paper onto the counter and place 1- 2 Tbsp of potato mixture onto the center. Fold the bottom up first, then fold the sides in, fold the top down last.
9. Repeat, until you have used up all of the potatoes.
10. Place onto a well oiled pan, brush the tops with oil as well.
11. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes turning a few times throughout.
Note: If you prefer more of a doughy wrap, try using the dough from my Gluten Free Perogie Recipe.
Let’s Connect on Social Media