This tender Tandoori Chicken is so delicious you’ll have a hard time leaving it in the oven long enough. It tastes just as good as it smells and it’s Gluten Free.
1 Whole Chicken
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
6 Tbsp Tandoori Masala
1 Tsp Garam Masala
1. In a large bowl or zip lock bag, mix the yogurt with 4 Tbsp of tandoori masala and the garam masala.
2. Wash the chicken, then pat it dry with paper towel.
3. Using a sharp knife cut slits in the chicken. Cover the chicken with the yogurt mixture, then let marinate in the refrigerator over night.
4. Slow cook the chicken using a slow cooker or your oven turned to 300 F, for 3-4 hours for the slow cooker or 2-3 hours for the oven.
5. Remove from the oven or slow cooker then sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp of tandoori masala over the chicken.
6. Turn your oven up to 425 F.
7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Then using a baster or spoon, carefully baste the chicken. Try not to wash off the spice. Continue cooking for another 40 – 50 minutes, basting every 10 minutes or so.