Spinach Salad with Asparagus and Maple Pecans
This Delicious Gluten Free Spinach Salad is topped with Steamed Asparagus, Crispy Bacon and Oven Roasted Maple Pecans. It’s served with a side of Balsamic Dressing but would also be delicious with Poppy Seed or Ranch Dressing. This salad makes a great side or can be a Meal with a side of Chicken, Fish or Steak.
Baby Spinach (as much or as little as you like)
1/2 of a Bunch of Asparagus
6-8 Strips of Bacon
1/2 Cup Pecans
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Carrot (sliced)
1/4 Cup Purple Cabbage (sliced thin)
1. Cut off the stems from the asparagus. Steam or boil the tips for approximately 5 minutes. Then rinse in cold water and place in the fridge to cool completely.
2. Fry the Bacon until crispy. Then chop into bits. Set aside to cool.
3. Pre heat oven to 325 F. Place the pecans onto a baking sheet, then drizzle the maple syrup over the them. Bake for 10-15 minutes turning half way. Remove from oven then let cool completely.
4. Place the the spinach onto the plate or plates then cover with the sliced carrot and purple cabbage. Then the bacon, pecans and asparagus.
5. Serve with a side of balsamic salad dressing.
If you liked this recipe for Gluten Free Spinach Salad with Asparagus and Maple Pecans, then you may also like these recipes:
Let’s Connect on Social Media