Spicy Green Pea Coconut Curry Soup
This Simple Spicy Green Pea Coconut Curry Soup is made with Pureed Green Peas and Coconut Milk. It has just a Hint of Heat from the Curry and a Wonderful Sweetness from the Green Peas. Try adding Beef, Chicken or Shrimp or more Vegetables, for something a little different.
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 of a Large White Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tsp Fresh Ginger
3 Cups Green Peas
2 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp Green Curry Paste
1 Can Coconut Milk
10 White Mushrooms
1/4 Cup of Chopped Fresh Basil
1. In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter. Dice and add the onion, then mince the garlic and ginger and add to the pot. Let cook for 3- 5 minutes. Then add the chicken broth. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
2. Remove from the stove and puree using a blender or food processor.
3. In a second pot over low heat, add the curry paste, then the can of coconut milk. Stir, then let simmer for a few minutes.
4. Combine the pureed peas with the curry, stir until well blended.
5. Slice, then add the mushrooms. Chop, then add the fresh basil. Let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
Serve with a slice of lime and a side of rice vermicelli noodles.
If you liked this Spicy Green Pea Coconut Curry Soup recipe, you may also like these recipes for:
Let’s Connect on Social Media