Have you tried Turkey Chili yet? It tastes just as good (maybe better) as Chili made with Ground Beef but is much leaner. It’s a great way to get your protein without the extra fat and it’s loaded with fiber from the beans. Which is one of the reasons I make this Turkey Chili so often. I need all the extra fiber I can get.
This Gluten Free Turkey Chili is made with Black Beans and Corn and has just a hint of sweetness from the Maple Baked Beans. The recipe calls for Onion, Mushrooms and Zucchini but you could also add Green or Red Peppers or Celery. I use Canned Tomatoes and Beans but you could use Dried Beans and Fresh Tomatoes if you prefer. Make sure to soak the dried beans in water over night before using them.
1 Package of Ground Turkey
1 White Onion
1 Can Diced Tomato
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 Can Maple Baked Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Small Can of Tomato Paste
1 1/2 Cups Corn
2 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Dried Basil
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Chili Powder (optional, this will add a little heat. Add double for a lot of heat.)
1 Tsp Pepper
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, fry the turkey until fully cooked.
2. Chop the onion, mushrooms and zucchini and add to the pot. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the can tomato to the pot. Drain and rinse the kidney and black beans, then add them as well. Add the baked beans and tomato paste, then the corn. Stir until well combined.
4. Add the cumin, basil, paprika, chili powder and pepper. ( Add Salt to taste, the canned tomato can be salty so you may not need to add any)
5. Cook on low for 1 hour, stirring throughout or transfer the chili to your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 – 6 hours.
6. (Optional) Garnish with sour cream and chopped fresh basil.
If you liked this Gluten Free recipe for Turkey Chili, you may also like these recipes for
Let’s Connect on Social Media