~ Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe ~
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
I’m extremely excited to share this New Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe with you. I think it’s my best recipe yet. I can’t wait for you to try it! How many times have you had terrible gluten free pizza crust, when ordering in? It seems to taste like cardboard every time, no mater where you order it from. Not to mention cross contamination issues.
I’ve made my own pizza crust for years but since going gluten free, I had to adjust my recipe to a gluten free pizza crust. My original gluten free pizza crust recipe, which I published a while back, is a great recipe but since making it every week, I’ve made a few tweaks.
I actually stumbled across this trick by accident one day while making a gluten free pizza crust. So what is the trick? The trick is, I use both traditional and instant yeast together. While making a gluten free pizza crust, I realized I only had a small amount of each of the yeasts, so I used them both together. What resulted was the softest, Gluten Free Pizza Crust I’ve ever had. I’ve made it this way ever since and it always turns out amazing. It tastes so good you’d never ever know its gluten free pizza crust.
One of the reasons that I use rice flour in most of my recipes is because its so inexpensive. You can find it for $1.00 a bag at Asian Supermarkets or in the import sections at Larger Grocery Stores. It’s also very versatile and doesn’t have a weird after taste like a lot of other gluten free flours do.
Note: Rice Flour can vary from brand to brand. I’ve found that measurements can be different depending on the brand you’re using. The Thai brand which has red writing on the bag tends to be ground finer and can take more than the Indian rice flour that I get at Superstore. Both brands work wonderfully but there is a slight difference in the measurements, as I mentioned. Because of this, I like to add the flour a little a time until the consistency is right.
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
1 1/2 Cups Lukewarm Water
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Active Traditional Yeast
2 Cups Rice Flour
1 Cup Potato Starch
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano (Optional)
1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
1 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl dissolve the sugar in the lukewarm water. Sprinkle the traditional yeast on top, then, cover with a clean dish towel. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the rice flour and potato starch a little at a time. Add the instant yeast and oregano. Mix until well combined. Add more rice flour if needed to make it a regular pizza dough consistency. (Some brands of rice flour are different from one another. Some take more than others because they’re ground finer. I add a little at a time and stir it as I go, adding more if needed).
4. Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl.
5. Brush a large pizza pan generously with butter then sprinkle with salt. Press the dough into the pan with your fingers.
6. Spread the pizza sauce over the gluten free pizza crust, then add the cheese. Then the toppings.
7. Bake for Approximately 20 -25 Minutes. (I place the pizza on the bottom rack of the oven for the last 5 minutes so the bottom can get extra browned)
This Recipe Makes 1 Large Gluten Free Pizza Crust.
If you liked this recipe for Gluten Free Pizza Crust, you may also like these recipes for:
Lets Connect on Social Media
- 1½ Cups Lukewarm Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Active Traditional Yeast
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Potato Starch
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Pre heat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl dissolve the sugar in the lukewarm water. Sprinkle the yeast on top and cover with a dish towel. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the rice flour, potato starch, the instant yeast and oregano. Mix until well combined. (Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water or rice flour if needed)
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl.
- Brush a pizza pan generously with butter then sprinkle with salt. Press the dough into the pan with your finger.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust, then add the cheese. Then add the toppings.
- Bake for Approximately 20 -25 Minutes.
- Note : This Recipe Makes 1 Large Gluten Free Pizza Crust.