Gluten Free Beef Stew
Gluten Free Beef Stew
This simple and flavourful Gluten Free Beef Stew is the perfect comfort meal for a cool fall day. It’s one of my families favourite recipes. Probably because it’s just loaded with deliciously Seared Beef and Caramelized Onions and is smothered in an awesomely beefy gravy.
It can be made with a slow cooker, or on the stove top. I like to prepare it on the stove top then transfer it to slow cooker after. This helps tenderize the beef a bit more. Gluten Free Beef Stew is a great way to use cheaper cuts of beef without sacrificing on the flavour and over all quality of the meal.
1 lb Stewing Beef
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 White Onion
3 Medium Potatoes
4 Cloves Garlic
8 -10 Mushrooms
3 1/2 Cups Water
2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Rice Flour
1 Tbsp Potato Starch
1.In a large pot over medium heat, brown the beef.
2. Once the beef is thoroughly browned, add the butter. Then dice and add the onion. Mince the garlic and add to the pot as well. Slice then add the mushrooms. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a few times throughout.
3. Peel then dice the potatoes and carrots, then to the pot.
4. Stir in 3 cups of water. Then add the salt and pepper. Let simmer on low for 1/2 hour – 1 hour, or transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. If using a slow cooker you’ll need to add a little more water.
5. Mix 1/2 cup of water with the rice flour and potato starch, until well combined. Then add it to the pot/slow cooker and let simmer for another 5 – 10 minutes.
This Gluten Free Beef Stew Recipe Serves 4.
If you liked this recipe for Gluten Free Beef Stew, you may also like these recipes for:
Lets Connect on Social Media
- 1 lb Stewing Beef
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ White Onion
- 3 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 4 Carrots
- 8 -10 Mushrooms
- 3½ Cups Water
- 2 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp Potato Starch
- In a large pot over med heat, Brown the beef in butter,
- Dice and add the onion to the pot. Mince the garlic and add to the pot as well. Slice then add the mushrooms, Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a few times throughout.
- Peel then dice the potatoes and carrots, then to the pot.
- Stir in 3 cups of water. Then add the salt and pepper. Let simmer on low for ½ hour, or transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. If using a slow cooker you'll need to add more water.
- In a glass or jar mix ½ cup water with the rice flour and potato starch. Mix until well combined, then add to the pot. Let simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- This Gluten Free Beef Stew Recipe Serves 4 People.