Chocolate Strawberry Shortbread Cookies
These melt in your mouth Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Shortbread Cookies are flaky, chocolaty and delicious. They’re easy to make and sure to impress. The dough can be made ahead of time and left in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them. The strawberry jam can be substituted for Blueberry, Wild Berry or Raspberry Jam .
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
4 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
1. In a large mixing bowl, cut the butter into small pieces.
2. Add the rice flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder to the butter.
3. Mix together with your hands. The dough will look too dry at first but don’t add anything to it. Just keep mixing it, squishing the flour and and butter between your fingers. It will take 5 – 10 minutes but a dark chocolaty dough ball will form.
4. Wrap the dough ball with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
5. On a lightly (rice) floured surface roll out the dough, half at a time. Put the other half back in the fridge until you’re ready for it. It may seem crumbly at first but just keep pressing it with your fingers. Press in the edges with your thumbs while you roll it out.
6. Using a cookie cutter cut out your cookies and place them onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
7. Using a small spoon, place a dab of jam on the center of each cookie.
8. Return the cookies to refrigerator for another 15-20 minutes. If you can’t fit a cookie sheet in your fridge just put them onto a plate but try not to touch the cookies with you hands when you returning them to the cookie sheet. The heat form your hands will cause the cookies to loose their shape in the oven.
9. Pre heat oven to 300 F.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
If you loved this Chocolate Strawberry Shortbread Cookies Gluten Free recipe, you may also love these recipes for
Let’s Connect on Social Media