This Gluten Free Rice and Mushroom Casserole makes a great meal or side dish. Add cooked ground Turkey, Beef or Sausage if you want a meaty version instead.
I usually use Gluten Free Pasta for my Casseroles but I thought I’d try Basmati Rice this time to mix it up. I’m glad I did because the it went perfectly with Mushrooms and Alfredo Sauce. I only used White Mushrooms in the recipe but you could use Portobello or Wild Mushrooms if you have them.
2 Tbsp Butter or 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cups of Diced White Mushrooms
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 of a White Onion
2 1/2 Cups Cooked Rice (I used Basmati)
3/4 Cup Gluten Free Alfredo Sauce
3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper
1. Cook the rice as directed on the package.
2. Pre heat oven to 375 F.
3. Dice the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Then fry in butter or oil.
4. Mix the cooked rice, mushrooms and onions together, then add the alfredo sauce and spices.
5. Mix well, then pour into a greased casserole dish.
6. Cover with the parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
This is the Gluten Free Alfredo Sauce that I used.
If you liked this Easy Gluten Free Recipe for Mushroom Casserole, then you may also like these recipes for:
Let’s Connect on Social Media