BLT Potato Skins
These Gluten Free BLT Potato Skins are a delicious way to have your BLT without bread. They make an awesome party food or afternoon snack. They’re a great way to use up extra baked potatoes, I even make a couple of extra’s just so I can make them. To spice them up a little try mixing 1 Tbsp of Pesto or 1 Tbsp of Curry Powder into the Mayonnaise. I used Shredded Marble Cheese but any kind of shredded cheese will work.
4 Baked Russet Potatoes
1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
6 Slices of Bacon
1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
1 Tomato Diced
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Tsp Chopped Fresh Chives
1. Pre heat oven to 375 F.
2. Slice the baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out a few tablespoons of the center of each of the potatoes. The thinner they are, the crispier they get.
3. Place skin side up onto a baking sheet and lightly brush the tops with oil, bake for 15 minutes. Turn them over and brush the other side with oil, then bake for another 15 minutes.
4. Fry the bacon until fully cooked, then set aside.
5. Turn your oven up to 400 F.
6. Place the potato skins, skin side down on the baking tray and fill each one with equal amounts of cheese.
7. Bake until the cheese is fully melted, approx 5 – 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then fill each one with the lettuce, tomato and chopped bacon.
9. Put the mayonnaise into a ziplock bag. Cut the corner of the bag and squeeze the mayonnaise over each of the potato skins.
10. Garnish with the chives.
If you liked this recipe for BLT Potato Skins, you may also like these recipes for
Let’s Connect on Social Media