This Tasty Vegetable Borscht is a simple but delicious Beet based Broth Soup. With so many Beets ready in my garden I couldn’t resist making one of my all time favorites. It’s a wonderful Gluten Free and Vegetarian soup that’s so flavorful, you won’t even miss the meat. I make my Vegetable Borscht with extra veggies and little vinegar. Some people add tomato paste but I prefer the texture to be more broth like. If you like your soup to be a little thicker you can a can of tomato paste at the end. I boil the beets whole with the skin on because it makes them a lot easier to peel. You can skip that step if you prefer to peel them raw.
This Vegetable Borscht is often garnished with a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkle on fresh dill on top.
8- 10 Beets
4 Red Potatoes
1 Cup Chopped Green Beans
6 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Dill
2 Tsp Salt
1. Boil the Beets whole with the skin on them for 5 minutes. Remove from the water then peel and dice them.
2. Add the diced beets to a large pot then cover with the 6 cups of water.
3. Peel and dice the potatoes and carrots, then add them to the pot.
4. Dice the onion and green beans and add them to the pot.
5. Add the salt, vinegar and chopped fresh dill.
6. Let simmer over medium low heat for at least 1 hour.
If you loved this Easy Gluten Free Recipe for Vegetable Borscht, you may also love these recipes for:
Lets Connect on Social Media