Gluten Free Perishky
These Gluten Free Perishky are stuffed with Sausage and Sauerkraut but they can also be made with Beef or just Sauerkraut and Onion. They are tasty meat packed little buns that are a perfect side dish for family gatherings or special dinners. This is one of those recipes that take a little extra time but are so worth it. They taste incredible. If you’ve been gluten free for years like I have, then you know what a treat is to be able to have such a tasty morsel. Thanks for requesting them Tucker.
For the Dough:
1/2 Cup Milk (lukewarm)
2 Tbsp Yeast
1/2 Cup Margarine (melted)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 1/2 Cups Rice Flour + (1/4 cup for kneading)
1/4 Cup Corn Starch
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Xanthan Gum
4 Tbsp Butter melted
For the Filling:
1/2 Package of Sausage
1 Cup Sauerkraut
For the Egg Wash:
2 Egg Whites
2 Tsp White Sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 375 F.
2. Remove the sausage from its casings and fry over medium heat, until fully cooked. Mince, then add the onion, then add the sauerkraut. Fry for another 10 minutes. Set to side.
3.In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast on top of the lukewarm milk. Cover with a towel and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Beat, then add the eggs and melted margarine. Mix until well combined. Stir in the sour cream, then rice flour, corn starch, baking powder and xantan gum. Mix until a dough ball forms. On a floured counter knead the dough for 5 minutes, adding a little more flour as needed.
5. Thinly roll out the dough on a very lightly floured counter. Cut out circles using a round cookie cutter, a cup or a jar lid. (it should be somewhat like perogie dough)
6. Add 1 tsp of the meat mixture to the center of the circle. Fold the dough over then fold the sides under, then roll into a ball. Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used up. Keep both the dough ball and rolled out buns under a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
7. Mix the egg whites with the sugar, then generously brush the tops of the gluten free pereshky with it. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, then brush with the melted butter.
This Gluten Free Perishsky Recipes makes approximately 50 small buns.
If you liked this Recipe for Gluten Free Perishky, then you may also like these recipes:
Let’s Connect on Social Media