What Is Rice Pudding?
Rice puddings are found in nearly every area of the world. Recipes can greatly vary even within a single country. The dessert can be boiled or baked. Different types of pudding vary depending on preparation methods and the selected ingredients.
How Do You Make Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding?
To make this delicious Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 F. Then in a mixing bowl, mash up the bananas with a fork.
Step 2: Add the eggs, butter, brown and white sugar and the chocolate chips to the mashed up bananas and mix until it’s completely combined.
Step 3: Pour the banana rice pudding batter into a greased square baking pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding Ingredients:
To make this Baked Banana Rice Pudding, you’ll need 7 Ingredients. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Here’s what you’ll need: cooked rice (I use Jasmin rice), eggs, butter, ripe bananas, white sugar, brown sugar and chocolate chips. There’s a very good chance that you’ll already have all these ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
How to Serve Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding:
Questions about making this Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding
Can I Use Frozen Bananas?
Yes and I do this often. Thaw the frozen bananas at room temperature. Drain off any excess liquid, mash, then use as instructed in the recipe below. Try not to mash too much or else you’ll be left with 2 cups of banana-y liquid; some chunks are great.
How should rice pudding be stored? The pudding should be cooled completely and then stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Can this be made in advance? Rice pudding is really best served warm or cooled the day it’s made but it can definitely be made up to 1 day in advance. Serve chilled or warm pudding in he oven or microwave.
Can rice pudding be frozen? Yes, it can, for up to 3 months, but you might notice a change in texture. Let defrost in refrigerator overnight.
Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding Recipe
Recipe Notes for Making the Best Baked Rice Pudding :
– Margarine or Vegan butter can be used in place of the Butter.
– The best bananas to use for banana pudding are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.
– I used semi sweet Dark Chocolate Chunks in this recipe. Any chocolate chips or chunks will work.
– This Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding makes 4 Servings.
Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding
- 3 Cups Prepared Rice (I use Jasmin rice)
- 3 Bananas ripe
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use Semi Sweet)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Then in a mixing bowl, mash up the bananas with a fork.
- Add the eggs, butter, brown and white sugar and the chocolate chips to the mashed up bananas and mix until it's completely combined.
- Pour the banana rice pudding batter into a greased square baking pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
More Easy Gluten Free Recipes:
If you Love this Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding Recipe, check out some of my other Gluten Free Dessert Recipes Here:
- Cookie Cutter Tortilla Chips
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Muffins
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding
Keywords: Banana Chocolate Chip Rice Pudding; Gluten Free Christmas Baking; Gluten Free dessert; Gluten Free Banana Pudding recipe; Banana Bread with Rice; Best Gluten Free Banana Pudding recipe; Easy Recipe for banana pudding; Banana Pudding with Chocolate Chips; Gluten Free Banana Desserts; Baked Banana Pudding Recipe; Old Fashon Rice Pudding recipe