Gluten Free Perogies
Author: Lyndsay Baker
- For the Dough;
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- ½ Cup Corn Starch
- ½ Tsp Salt
- For the Filling:
- 2 Large White Potatoes
- ½ of a White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sour cream, rice flour and corn starch until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover the dough and place in the fridge for ½ an hour.
- Peal, cut and boil the potatoes. Then strain, mash and add milk and 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Dice then fry onion in the remaining butter.
- Add the cooked onions and cheese to the mashed potatoes, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well with a stiff spoon until the mixture is somewhat smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out ½ of the dough at a time onto a (rice) floured counter top, with a lightly (rice) floured rolling pin. Using a round cookie cutter or glass cup, cut out circles.
- Place 1 Tsp of the potato mixture onto each of the dough circles. Fold the circle in half, then press the edges closed making sure to seal all sides.
- Place the perogies onto a lined or lightly (rice) floured cookie sheet or plate. Cover and place in the fridge for ½ hour.
- Fill a large pot half full with water, bring to boil.
- Add preogies a few at a time and boil until they start to float off the bottom, about 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a frying pan and fry in butter or oil until browned. Flip them half way.
- Serve with a side of sour cream.
- Note. Perogies can be made ahead of time and frozen. Lay them out flat and uncooked before freezing. Drop the frozen perogies into boiling water the same way.
- This recipe makes 24 Gluten Free Perogies.
Recipe by Officially Gluten Free at https://www.officiallyglutenfree.com/gluten-free-perogies/