Samosas Gluten Free
Author: Lyndsay Baker
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 Large White Potatoes
- ½ Of a White Onion
- ½ Cup Peas
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala (Indian spice mix)
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- Part of a Package of Rice Paper
- Peel, dice and boil the potatoes. Strain then mash with 1 Tbsp of butter and the milk.
- Dice and fry the onion in 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Boil or steam the peas, but don't over cook them.
- Add the cooked onion and spices to the potatoes. Mix until well blended.
- Add the peas and mix just until combined, don't mash them.
- Pre heat your oven to 425 F.
- Fill a large mixing bowl ¼ full with water. Place the rice paper into the water one sheet at a time. Soak for 1-2 minutes or just until it's soft enough to work with.
- Place the softened rice paper onto the counter and place 1- 2 Tbsp of potato mixture onto the center. Fold the bottom up first, then fold the sides in, fold the top down last.
- Repeat, until you have used up all of the potatoes.
- Place onto a well oiled pan, brush the tops with oil as well.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes turning a few times throughout.
Recipe by Officially Gluten Free at https://www.officiallyglutenfree.com/2014/03/samosas-gluten-free/