Gluten Free Mashed Potato Waffles
Author: Lyndsay Baker
Recipe type: Waffle
Serves: 8 Waffles
- ½ of a small White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3½ Cups Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Melted Butter
- ¾ Cup Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch (or Tapioca or Corn Starch)
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Mince the onion and fry on medium low in 2 tbsp of butter, for 5-10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl add the prepared mashed potato, onion, eggs and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Then add the rice flour, starch and baking powder. Mix well.
- Preheat a well oiled waffle iron. Cook waffles until golden brown. To get them extra crispy place them into the oven and bake at 375 F for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Recipe by Officially Gluten Free at https://www.officiallyglutenfree.com/2016/05/gluten-free-mashed-potato-waffles/