These Keto Salmon Burgers are a delicious and Inexpensive Family friendly Dinner or Lunch that can be prepared in 20 minutes or less. The Easy to Make Salmon Burger Patties are made with canned Sockeye Salmon which is a fraction of the cost of fresh Salmon.
Questions About Making Keto Salmon Burger Patties
- Is canned salmon ok on a keto diet? Yes canned salmon is ok to eat on a keto diet. It’s very low carb and has lot’s of protein. It’s also a very affordable keto option.
- How do I keep my Salmon Patties from falling apart? The Salmon Patties may fall apart if they are too wet. You may need to add a little keto approved flour like almond flour or Coconut Flour. You can also use ground pork rind which has 0 carbs.
- How many Carbs are in a Salmon Pattie? There are 1.75 g Carb and 1.25 g Net Carb per Keto Salmon Burger Pattie.
- How long can the salmon burgers keep in the refrigerator? The Salmon Patties can be kept in the fridge in an air tight container for 3 – 4 days.
- What can I use in place of of the egg in salmon burgers? Instead of using egg and mayo try using vegan mayonnaise or sour cream. If you’re not not keto, try using a little mashed sweet potato to bind the patties. Add half of a small cooked sweet potato or 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato.
More Keto Seafood Recipes To Try:
How do you make a Keto Salmon Burger?
To make this Easy to Make Keto Salmon Burger recipe:
Step 1: Start by dicing the onion and frying it in the butter until soft and tender, about 3 – 4 minutes. Drain the liquid of the canned salmon and remove any skin and bones if needed.
Step 2: Then use a mixing bowl to mix the salmon, cooked onion, egg, mayonnaise, almond flour and garlic powder. Mix until very well combined, then shape into 4 patties.
Step 3: In a large frying pan over medium heat, fry the salmon burgers in the olive oil for approximately 4 – 5 minutes per side or until browned.
Step 4: Serve wrapped in lettuce, on a low carb or gluten free bun or as a burger bowl on top of your favourite toppings.
What tastes good on a Salmon Burger?
The Best Sauces for a Keto Salmon Burger are:
- Tartar Sauce (mayo, chopped pickles and lemon)
- Tzatziki (yogurt cucumber dip)
- Keto Approved Salsa
- Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Lemon Juice
The Best Toppings for a Keto Salmon Burger are:
- Keto Coleslaw
- Onion (white onion or red onion)
- Alfalfa Sprouts
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source, that’s when you hit ketosis.
While on the Keto diet you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from fat, 15 to 25 percent from protein, and 10 percent from carbohydrates. You’re supposed to avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Keto Salmon Burger
This recipe for Keto Salmon Burger Recipe requires minimal effort and only uses simple and easy to find ingredients like Canned Sockeye Salmon, onion and egg. The Salmon Patties are also naturally high in protein and are paleo and low carb as well as gluten free.
Looking for some More Delicious Keto Seafood Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my readers favourite recipes to share. Their number one favourite are these Keto Crab Rangoon. Everyone loves how quick and easy they are to make. Another one of their favourites, are these tasty Keto Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. They’re perfect for impressing party guests or for spoiling someone special.
- I used 213 gram cans of Sockeye Salmon
- This recipe can be made with fresh salmon instead of canned salmon. Instead use 1 lb of salmon fillet baked or grilled.
- The canned salmon can also be replaced with canned tuna, crab or chicken. Any type of canned salmon will also work for this recipe. It doesn’t have to be Sockeye Salmon.
- The Salmon Burger Patties can also be baked in the oven instead of frying. They can also be grilled on a well oiled grill. For the oven, set to your oven 400 F and bake on a parchment paper line baking pan for 18 – 20 minutes flipping halfway. For the Grill, heat grill to 400 F and grill for about 3 – 4 minutes per side. The burgers are delicate, so be extra gentle when flipping on the grill.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like these Keto Salmon Burgers. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
★DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!★
Keto Salmon Burger
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 of a White Onion small
- 2 Cans Sockeye Salmon
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil for frying
- Dice the onion and fry it in the butter until soft and tender, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Drain the liquid of the canned salmon and remove any skin and bones if needed. Then use a mixing bowl to mix the salmon, cooked onion, egg, mayonnaise, almond flour, garlic powder and salt. Mix until very well combined, then shape into 4 patties.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, fry the salmon burgers in the olive oil for approximately 4 - 5 minutes per side or until browned. Serve wrapped in lettuce, on a low carb or gluten free bun or as a burger bowl on top of your favourite toppings.
This recipe for Keto Salmon Burgers makes 4 Burger Patties
1 Serving = 1 Salmon Pattie ( without sauce )
290 Calories | 21 g Fat | 1.75 g Carbs | .5 g Fiber | 26.5 g Protein
1.25 g Net Carbs per Burger Pattie
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto Salmon Burger,check out some of my other Keto Fish Recipes Here:
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Keto Salmon Burger
Keywords: Keto Salmon Burgers; Keto Salmon Burger Recipe; Keto Salmon Recipes; Recipes using Canned Salmon; Easy Keto Lunch Recipes; Low Carb Salmon Burger Recipes; Keto Salmon Cakes; Keto Salmon patties; Recipes using sockeye Salmon; Lettuce wrapped salmon burgers; Gluten Fee Salmon Burger Recipe; Canned Salmon Patties, Keto recipes on a budget; Affordable keto food