These Quick and Easy to Make Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Fresh Dill and Tuna Salad, are a Delicious Healthy Sugar Free Easter Treat! The Orange Mini Bell Peppers are sliced in half and used to make the Carrots and the Small Bunches of the Fresh Dill are used to make the Carrot Greens. The Bell Pepper Carrots are made with only 5 Ingredients and are Dairy and Gluten Free as well as Low Carb and Keto!
What are Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna?
These Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna are delicious little low carb bread-less tuna bites in the shape of carrots. They’re made especially for a Healthy Easter Snack. Fresh Herbs are used to make the carrot greens and orange baby bell peppers sliced in half, are used to make the tiny carrots.
You can essentially use anything to fill these lovely little treats. Some other yummy fillings that can be used in place of tuna are chicken salad, cheddar bacon, jalapeno or herb flavoured cream cheese and hummus. The Bell Pepper Carrots are Naturally Dairy, Sugar and Gluten Free as well as Low Carb and Keto!
How do you Make Mini Bell Pepper Stuffed with Tuna Salad?
To make these Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna you start by opening and draining off as much of the liquid from the can of tuna as possible. Then in a bowl mix the tuna with the mayonnaise, the chopped pickle and 2 Tsp of chopped fresh dill.
Next slice the orange mini bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the the seeds and insides of the the peppers as well as the stems. Then make small bunches with the fresh dill and place them where stems were cut away. ( place them back a bit to keep them from falling out). Stuff the the cut peppers with the tuna mixture and use a spoon or your fingers to push it down evenly into the peppers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source, that’s when you hit ketosis.
While on the Keto diet you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from fat, 15 to 25 percent from protein, and 10 percent from carbohydrates. You’re supposed to avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna
This Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna Recipe requires minimal effort and only uses simple and easy to find ingredients like Baby Bell Peppers and Canned Tuna. You can use anything as filling for these babies but I went with Tuna which is perfect for Meatless Friday.
Looking for some more delicious Keto Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my readers favourite recipes to share. Their number one favourite are these Keto Bacon Dill Pickle Fat Bombs. Everyone loves how quick and easy they are to make. Another one of Their favourites, are these tasty Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. They’re perfect for impressing party guests or for spoiling someone special.
– Salmon or chicken salad can be used in place of tuna salad if preferred.
– (Almost) Any type of fresh herbs can be used to make the carrot greens. Fresh Parsley, Cilantro or Chives are all great options, if you don’t have fresh dill.
– These cute little baby bell carrots also make a great appetizer any time of year. They’re a great way to make meal or snack time more fun.
– The Tuna Salad can be made any way you like it. If you like your tuna extra saucy you should a bit more mayonnaise. If you’re not a fan of pickles, minced celery or onion is a great replacement. I often add a little mustard to add a little zing.
– Adding cheese to the bottom of the peppers before adding the tuna is an easy way to add a little more flavour.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like these Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna
- 4 Baby Bell Peppers orange
- 1 Can Tuna 5 oz
- 2 Tbsp Mayo
- 1 Medium Pickle minced
- 1 Bunch Dill divided
- Open and drain off as much of the liquid from the can of tuna as possible. Then in a bowl, mix the tuna with the mayonnaise, the chopped pickle and 2 Tsp of the chopped fresh Dill.
- Next slice the orange mini bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the the seeds and insides of the the peppers as well as the stems. Then make small bunches with the fresh dill and place them where stems were cut away. ( place them back a bit to keep them from falling out).
- Stuff the the cut peppers with the tuna mixture and use a spoon or your fingers to push it down evenly into the peppers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This Recipe makes 8 Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna Salad
1 Serving = 2 ‘Carrots’
97 Calories | 5.25 g Fat | 2.25 g Carbs | 1 g Fibre | 6.75 g Protein
1.25 g Net Carbs Per 2 ‘Carrots’
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna, check out some of my other Keto Fish Recipes Here:
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Keto Mini Bell Pepper Carrots with Tuna
Keywords: Mini Bell Peppers Stuffed with Tuna Salad; Keto Tuna Recipe; Keto Easter Recipes; Recipes using Canned Tuna; Easy Keto Appetizer Recipes; Low Carb tuna Recipes; Keto Holiday recipes; Keto fish easter recipes; keto game day recipe; family friendly keto recipes; no bread tuna sandwhich; Sugar Free Easter Recipes; Easter Carrot Shapped Appetizer Recipe; Fun Easter Recipe For Kids; Healthy Easter Treats; Mini Bell Pepper Carrots