This Gluten Free & Keto Naked Wonton Soup is so Easy to Make and Tastes Just like Traditional Wonton Soup. It’s a Great Low Carb Alternative that will satisfy Your Chinese Food Cravings. The juicy Pork and Prawn / Shrimp Wonton Meatballs are a Delightful Low Carb Twist on an Long Time Favourite. It’s so Flavourful and Delicious that you won’t even miss the wrapper.
How Do You Make Keto Naked Wonton Soup?
Here’s how to make it: (See recipe card below for full printable recipe)
Step 1: Boil the chicken broth with the ginger and whole cloves of garlic. Let it simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
Step 2: Use a food processor to grind up the pealed shrimp and raw ground pork with the sesame oil, cloves of garlic and chopped green onion. Mix it until it’s well combined. You can use a knife and cutting board for this step if you don’t have a food processor.
Step 3: Preheat your oven, then shape the pork and shrimp mixture into small meatballs. Place the meatballs into a baking dish, then bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until browned. Turn a few times throughout.
Step 4: Remove the pieces of ginger and garlic from the broth, then add the cooked meatballs, the sesame oil and the chopped green onion to the pot. Let simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When in ketosis, your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source.
On Keto, you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from Fat, 15 to 25 percent from Protein, and 10 percent from Carbohydrates. You should avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Low Carb Naked Wonton Soup
My Family Loves this Naked Wonton Soup Recipe. When they ask if I could make it again, I’m happy to because it’s so much easier than having to wrap the wontons in a wrapper and I think they taste just as good. I also love how healthy this soup is. Bone broth is so good for you and is a great way to make your meals go a bit farther. Whenever we get a roasted chicken, (which is usually once a week) I boil down the bones in a large pot over medium heat for a few hours. Then I use a strainer and bowl to Separate the liquid from the bones. I save it in the freezer to make soup or sauces with throughout the week.
If you love Low Carb Appetizers, then you’ll want to try out these Bacon Crab Rangoon Fat Bombs. They’re a bite-sized Fat Bomb that’s loaded with flavor and provides a nutritious hit of healthy fats.
Recipe Note For Making The Best Low Carb Wonton Soup:
- To Freeze this soup: Freeze the cooked meatballs separate from the broth. Let thaw before reheating.
- To make homemade bone broth, boil a chicken carcass/bones in a large pot full of water over medium heat for a few hours. Then I use a strainer and bowl to Separate the liquid from the bones.
- This recipe for Naked Wonton Soup serves 4 People.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Keto & Low Carb Naked Wonton Soup. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
Naked Wonton Soup
- 4 Cups Salted Chicken Broth
- 1 inch Piece Ginger
- 8 oz Ground Pork
- 8 oz Shrimp pealed
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Onion
- In a large pot boil the chicken broth with the piece of ginger and 2 whole cloves of garlic. Let simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Using a food processor, grind up the pealed shrimp and raw ground pork with 1/2 tsp of sesame oil, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 chopped green onion. Mix until well combined. (you can use a knife and cutting board for this step if you don't have a food processor.)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Shape the pork and shrimp mixture into small meatballs. Place the meatballs into a baking dish, then bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until browned. Turn a few times throughout.
- Remove the pieces of ginger and garlic from the broth. Add the cooked meatballs, 1/2 tsp sesame oil and the last chopped green onion to the pot. Let simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
1 Batch of Naked Wonton Soup = 4 Servings
1 Serving = 1/4 of the Recipe
204 Calories | 12.5 g Fat | 2.2 g Carbs | 0.2 g Fibre | 18.3 g Protein
2 g Net Carb per Serving
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto & Low Carb Naked Wonton Soup, check out some of my other Keto Friendly Recipes Here:
- Keto Chicken Quesadilla
- Fathead Sausage Rolls
- Cheesy Keto Tuna Melts
- Low Carb Sour Cream and Chive Crackers
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Naked Wonton Soup
Keywords: Naked Wonton Soup; Keto Wonton Soup Recipe; Keto Chinese Food Recipes; Keto Recipes using pork; Easy Keto Appetizer Recipes; Low Carb soup Recipes; Keto chinese recipes; Keto game day recipes; Best Keto recipe keto game day recipe; family friendly keto recipes; keto shrimp and pork recipes; meatball soup recipes; wonton soup without the wrapper