This Old Fashioned Cherry Delight is an easy no-bake dessert that’s perfect for sharing. It’s a great make ahead treat for potlucks, holidays and other celebrations! It’s so easy to make and never fails to impress. It comes together in just minutes and is made of three simple layers. A creamy cheesecake filling, chocolate cookie crust and delicious cherry pie filling to top it off.
WHAT IS OLD FASHIONED CHERRY DELIGHT?
Cherry Delight – the name says it all! It’s an old fashioned dessert that’s sweet, creamy and absolutely delightful! It uses simple and easy-to-find ingredients, and comes together in just a few steps. This dessert is such a crowd-pleaser. Every time we bring it to a party or gathering, the dish comes back clean! Seriously — people can’t get enough of this stuff.
The no-bake dessert is made in a 9×13-inch dish and is served chilled. The creamy layer is a no-bake cheesecake that requires only 4 ingredients mixed together. The double chocolate crust is made with store bought gluten free cookies. The topping is our favourite pie filling: cherry. You can simply customize this dessert to your liking by using different cookies for the crust and using your favourite pie filling.
What Makes This Old Fashioned Cherry Delight So Good?
Here’s why you’re going to love this easy dessert recipe:
- It looks impressive but it’s an easy no-bake dessert. It’s the perfect sweet treat for Mother’s Day!
- It’s absolutely gluten-free!
- It needs minimal ingredients and you can find everything at your average grocery store.
- Not only is cherry delight a great no-bake dessert for summer, but it’s also a major favourite to bring to potlucks or for serving during the holidays.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Old Fashioned Cherry Delight?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy Cherry Delight Recipe:
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Cookies – 42 cookies or 2 packages
- Butter (melted)
- Cream Cheese
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 300 ml
- Cool Whip – or whipped cream
- Lemon Juice
- Cherry Pie Filling – 540 ml can
How do you make Old Fashioned Cherry Delight?
Here’s how to make this easy gluten free no-bake dessert:
Step 1: Use a food processor to grind the cookies into crumbs. Then mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix until the butter is well incorporated into the crumbs. Then spread the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of a 13 x 9 lasagna pan. Press down firmly on the crumbs using a spoon or a small cup.
MORE GLUTEN FREE DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY:
RECIPE NOTES FOR MAKING THE BEST OLD FASHIONED CHERRY DELIGHT:
- You can use whipped cream instead of the cool whip if preferred. Although, whipped cream is not as stabilized as Cool Whip. So if you make a dessert to take along to a hot summer barbecue picnic, it might be better to use Cool Whip since whipped cream can get runny when it gets too warm.
- Any pie filling will work for the topping, but cherry is definitely my favourite.
- This cherry dessert can be made in advance. Tightly cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- I used 2 packages of great value gluten free double chocolate cookies.
- 2 packages of (gluten free) cookies does make a thick crust. You can make this recipe with only one package of cookies but you’ll need to half the melted butter as well. I find it helps to put either parchment paper or tin foil under the cookie crust to help lift the pieces out when the crust is more thin.
- Any type of crumbly cookie will work for this recipe. Graham cracker, ginger snaps or vanilla cookies, all make a great crust. Just be sure to use gluten free cookies that snap or make a nice crumb when crumbled. Gluten free pretzels also work well as a base for this dessert.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can use a ziplock bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin to make crumbs instead.
- Use a 9 x13 lasagna pan to make this cherry delight recipe.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Easy Gluten Free Old Fashioned Cherry Delight. If you aren’t already Following my Keto/Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I Post all my New Recipes, you can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
★DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!★
Old Fashioned Cherry Delight
- 500 g Double Chocolate Cookies gluten free (42 cookies or 2 packages)
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 300 ml
- 1 Cup Cool Whip
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling 540 ml
- Use a food processor to grind the cookies into crumbs. Then mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix until the butter is well incorporated into the crumbs. Then spread the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of a 13 x 9 lasagna pan. Press down firmly on the crumbs using a spoon or a small cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a mixer to mix/soften the cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is smooth, add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until fully combined. Mix the lemon juice in. Then mix in the cool whip. Mix until it's completely combined.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the prepared cookie crumbs. Then cover the cheesecake layer with the cherry pie filling. Spread the pie filling evenly until the entire top is covered. Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve!
- Find additional recipe notes in the blog post above.
- Use a 9 x13 lasagna pan to make this cherry delight recipe.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
More Easy Gluten Free Recipes:
If you Love this Gluten Free Old Fashioned Cherry Delight Recipe, check out some of my other Gluten Free Dessert Recipes Here:
- Chocolate Pretzel Toffee
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Turtle Bark
- White Chocolate Cherry Fudge
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Old Fashioned Cherry Delight Recipe
Keywords: Old Fashioned Cherry Delight; Gluten Free Old Fashioned Cherry Delight Recipe; Gluten Free Party Recipes; Recipes using Cherry Pie Filling; Easy GF No Bake Desserts; Christmas Dessert Recipes; Best Gluten Free Christmas Party Recipes; Gluten Free No Bake Cheesecake Recipes; Gluten Free Cherry Cheesecake bars; The Best Gluten Free Cherry Delight recipe; Gluten Free No Bake Desserts; gluten free dessert; gluten free no bake cherry cheesecake recipe; easy no bake mother’s day desserts