Celebrate in style with this Strawberry Ice Cream Cake! It’s better than store-bought, guaranteed!! Filled with vanilla and strawberry ice cream, plus crushed Chocolate cookies and fudge, this is sure to be a big crowd-pleaser!
Why You’re Going to Love this Strawberry Ice Cream Cake:
A few reasons this is the best cake to make:
- Easiest gluten free cake recipe
- Perfect for any occasion
- No-bake cake
- Perfect dessert for summer
- Can be made with any flavor of ice cream
What is a Strawberry Ice Cream Cake?
It’s a deliciously easy gluten free no-bake cake that has layers of strawberry and vanilla ice cream around the iconic layer of crumbly chocolate cookies and chocolate fudge. Making an ice cream cake is not a lot of work; I dare say it’s easier than a baked cake. But it does take time — almost entirely hands-off time, but still.
It’s perfect for any occasion. You can use it as a gluten free birthday cake, an anniversary dessert, or any other sort of celebration. You can even enjoy it just because! For those of you who dream of recreating a childhood favourite at home, here is a step-by-step recipe to let you do just that. How to make an ice cream cake — it can be even better than DQ’s, if you can imagine that.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make A Strawberry Ice Cream Cake?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy no-bake cake:
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Double Fruit Strawberry Jam
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Chocolate Chips
- Double Chocolate Cookies – Gluten free
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
How Do You Make A Strawberry Ice Cream Cake?
Here’s how to make this super easy ice cream cake:
MORE GLUTEN FREE DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY:
- Old Fashioned Cherry Delight
- White Chocolate Cherry Fudge
- Pineapple Fluff
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Recipe Notes For Making The Best Strawberry Ice Cream Cake:
- Use real dairy ice cream. Sometimes you’ll see ice cream labeled as “frozen dessert“. Ice cream is made from milk fats, while a frozen dessert uses vegetable oil fats instead. I find that “frozen dessert” does not soften as evenly and doesn’t refreeze as nicely.
- You can to use chocolate fudge sauce from the store. The fudge does get a little bit hard. If you prefer you can use a fudge sunday sauce instead of making the fudge in the microwave.
- To make cutting the cake easier, you can run your knife under hot water before slicing.
- Be sure to press out any air pockets in the ice cream when adding it to the springform pan.
- Using different flavours of ice cream, kinds of cookies or fillings can really allow you freedom in creating a unique and super delicious ice cream cake.
- Store leftover ice cream cake in the freezer. Keep it wrapped well in plastic wrap or an airtight container with a lid. You can expect your cake to stay good in the freezer for about 7 days. After that, ice crystals will begin to form and the flavour of the cake will begin to diminish.
- If you don’t have a spring form pan, you can use a regular cake pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper to make it easier to lift the cake out, cut, and serve.
- Any kind of crumbly cookies will work for this recipe. Try using gluten free oreos instead. I use great value gluten free double chocolate cookies.
- Make sure to use gluten free ice cream. Some strawberry shortcake ice creams have cake in them, which contain gluten. Be sure to check the ingredients before using.
- To make the whipped cream more stabilized, you can add a little bit of cream cheese and some of the remaining sweetened condensed milk (about 2 Tbsp of each) before beating the whipped cream. This will help the whipped cream hold it’s form. Another trick some people use is to add gelatin. It does need to be bloomed first though. You can do that by adding a little bit of water to the gelatin before adding it to the whipped cream, before it’s whipped.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Easy Gluten Free Strawberry Ice Cream Cake. If you aren’t already Following my Keto/Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I Post all my New Recipes, you can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
★DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!★
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- 1 Quart Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Strawberry Jam Double Fruit
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips Dark
- 6 Double Chocolate Cookies Gluten Free
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 4 Strawberries For Garnish
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and defrost about 15 minutes. Spoon the strawberry ice cream into the bottom of a 9- or 10-inch springform, pressing down to remove air bubbles as you go. Spread 1/2 cup of the strawberry jam over the ice cream layer.
- Next make the fudge. Add the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips to a small microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 1 minute but stir after 30 seconds then microwave another 30 seconds. Then quickly stir until the fudge is fully combined and spread it over the jam layer. You can use you fingers to squish it flat, if the fudge is too thick.
- Using a ziplock bag, crunch the cookies into crumbly bits (you can use a food processor if preferred). Spread the cookie bits evenly over the fudge then spoon the vanilla ice cream on top of the cookies, pressing down to remove air bubbles as you go. (If your pan isn't big enough to hold the entire quart of ice cream, you can just leave a little out.)
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of the strawberry jam over the vanilla ice cream layer and use a knife to swirl it around a little. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 12 hours before serving (and up to a few days).
- Before serving make the whipped cream: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4–5 minutes. Then use a pipping bag or ziplock bag to make 8 dollops on top of the cake. Place a halved strawberry onto each of the dollops.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut, making sure you are cutting into the fudge. Keep leftovers in the freezer. Enjoy!
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
More Easy Gluten Free Recipes:
If you Love this Gluten Free Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Recipe, check out some of my other Gluten Free Dessert Recipes Here:
- Chocolate Pretzel Toffee
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Turtle Bark
- White Chocolate Cherry Fudge
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Gluten Free Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Keywords: Strawberry Ice Cream Cake; Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Recipe; Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Recipes; Recipes for gluten free birthday cake; Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipes; Gluten Free Cake Recipes; Gluten Free dessert recipes; Best Ice Cream Cake recipes; Gluten free Ice Cream Cake recipes; gluten free strawberry cake recipes; Best Strawberry Ice Cream Cake recipes; Ice Cream Cake with Strawberries; frozen cake recipes; No Bake Cake Recipe