This Keto & Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad is the Perfect Salad for Summer BBQ’s. It’s an Easy to Make Fresh Salad that combines perfectly Roasted Cauliflower and Roasted Bell Peppers with Cucumbers and Feta Cheese. It’s then tossed in a delicious balsamic dressing and fragrant fresh herbs. The yummy salad is a perfect side dish for whatever you’re Grilling!
What Vegetables Can You Use in a Low Carb Vegetable Salad?
Low Carb Greens: All greens are low carb, including spinach, kale, spring mix, watercress, and all forms of lettuce. Use them in abundance in your salads!
Low Carb Veggies: This list of veggies are low carb and keto approved. Asparagus, Broccoli, Radish, Cauliflower, Bell Peppers, Artichokes, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cucumber, Egg Plant, Green Beans, Jicama, Mushrooms, Onions, Pumpkin, Squash and Zucchini
Did we forget any low carb veggies? Let us know in the comments!
How Do You Make a Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad?
Make this Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe in 4 Easy Steps:
Step 1: Start by preheating your bbq or oven to 400 F. Next, chop the peppers and cauliflower into 1 inch pieces. Place the vegetables into a mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until the vegetables are fully coated in the oil. Spread the veggies onto a cookie sheet or bbq safe roasting pan.
Step 2: Put the pan onto the top rack of your bbq or into a preheated oven. Roast the vegetables for 7 – 8 minutes or just until tender. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
Step 3: Dice up the cucumber and chop the fresh herbs. Add both to the mixing bowl with the cooled vegetables.
Step 4: Cover with the balsamic dressing and feta cheese. Mix until the salad is fully coated in the dressing. Garnish with a piece of fresh parsley or basil.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When in ketosis, your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source.
On Keto, you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from Fat, 15 to 25 percent from Protein, and 10 percent from Carbohydrates. You should avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
This recipe for a Simple Summery Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad is made with only fresh ingredients and is naturally gluten free and keto! It’s an Easy To Make Family Friendly Recipe that’s sure to please. There are many other low carb vegetables that can be added to this salad. Some of the things that I like to add to the roasting pan are onion (purple or white), mushrooms, radishes, broccoli or Zucchini.
Looking for some more delicious Keto Salad Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my readers favourite recipes Low Carb Salad Recipes to share. Their absolute favourite is this Loaded Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad. Everyone loves it and it’s so easy and quick to make. Another one of their favourites, is this Mediterranean Broccoli Salad. It’s so fresh and tasty. It’s the perfect addition to any summer bbq!
– If your bbq doesn’t have a top rack… the vegetables can roasted in a tin foil sac or in a roasting pan directly on the grill. Just be sure to flip or stir it a few times throughout cooking.
– If you don’t have a bbq… the vegetables can be roasted in the oven on 400 F. for 8 – 10 minutes. They can also be made in a well oiled frying pan over medium heat, fried just until tender.
– A homemade balsamic salad dressing can be made by using 1 part balsamic vinegar and 1 part olive oil.
– An average bell pepper is 175 g or 6 oz.
– This recipe for Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad makes 8 servings.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like these Keto & Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 of Head Cauliflower
- 3/4 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Feta crumbled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parley chopped
- Preheat your bbq or oven to 400 F. (if your bbq doesn't have a thermometer, just preheat it on medium low heat for 4 - 5 minutes)
- Chop the peppers and cauliflower into 1 inch pieces. Place the vegetables into a mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until the vegetables are fully coated in the oil. Spread the veggies onto a cookie sheet or bbq safe roasting pan.
- Place the pan onto the top rack of your bbq or into a preheated oven. Roast the vegetables for 7 - 8 minutes or just until tender. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. (Once the veggies have cooled enough... put them into the refrigerator)
- Dice up the cucumber and chop the fresh herbs. Add both to the mixing bowl with the cooled vegetables. Then cover with the balsamic dressing and feta cheese. Mix until the salad is fully coated in the dressing. Garnish with a piece of fresh parsley or basil.
Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad = 8 Servings
1 Serving = 1/8 of the recipe
66 Calories | 5 g Fat | 3.8 g Carbs | 1.3 g Fibre | 2.1 g Protein
0.8 g Net Carb per Serving
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
>> Click Here To Pin This Recipe <<
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto & Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad, check out some of my other Keto and Low Carb Vegetable Salad Recipes Here:
- Mediterranean Broccoli Salad
- Loaded Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Follow OGF On Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram
Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad
Keywords: Low Carb Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe, Keto Vegetable Salad, Low Carb Veggie Salad, Keto Vegetarian Recipes, Easy Low Carb Side Dishes, Gluten Free Low Carb Side dishes, Keto approved Vegetables, Keto Salad Recipes, Low Carb Salads