This Keto Chili Recipe features tender ground beef, hot Italian sausage, bacon, peppers, and onions that are simmered in a rich tomato base. This easy stovetop low carb no bean chili is great for dinner or lunch and the leftovers freeze well!
Ingredients Needed To Make This Chili Recipe:
Want to give this low carb chili recipe a shot? You won’t regret it! These are the ingredients: ground beef, sausage, bacon, celery, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano and salt.
How To Make Keto Chili on the Stove Top
Step 1: First fry the bacon until crispy and set aside for later. Brown the ground beef and sausage together next over medium-high heat in a large pot or skillet.
Step 2: Drain the fat from pot and add the diced onion and celery, minced garlic and chopped peppers to the pot. Let cook while stiring for 4 – 5 mins, then add the spices.
Step 3: Add the canned diced tomatoes and let simmer for 20 minutes, stiring a few times throughout. Next add the tomato paste to the pot and stir until it’s fully combined. Reduce to low heat and simmer uncovered for another 15 – 20 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness. Then chop up the bacon and add to the chili before serving.
How To Make Keto Chili In A Slow Cooker
Brown the meat as directed, drain off any grease and transfer to a slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours
How To Make Keto Chili In The Instant Pot
Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot. Add the ground beef and sausage to the pot and cook until brown. Once the meat is browned set Instant Pot to “keep warm/cancel”. Add the remaining ingredients plus add 2/3 cup of water, then cover and lock the lid. Make sure the steam valve is closed. Select Bean/Chili setting (30 mins). Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release. Stir chili before serving!
Is Chili Keto?
Normally, no. Most chili recipes contain beans. This brings the carb count too high to be considered low carb or keto-friendly. This recipe for low carb, keto chili requires no beans or tricky ingredients that are hard to find.
What if I’m not on Keto?
If you’re not living a low carb lifestyle, you can feel free to add some heartiness to this recipe by adding some canned beans. Feel free to use either pinto beans or kidney beans. Either way, it turns out delicious. Just make sure you are using canned beans and not dry beans.
Can I add anything else to low carb chili?
Aside from the low carb toppings mentioned below, you can also add additional vegetables to keto chili if you’d like. More veggies means more fiber, which will make this chili more filling. Things like zucchini, mushrooms, and cauliflower can be sautéed with the onion and pepper.
>> Click Here To Pin This Recipe To Pinterest <<
The Best Keto Chili Toppings
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh or pickled jalapeño slices
- Chopped Red Onion
- Sour cream
- Chopped Cilantro or Parsley
More Keto Slow Cooker Meals To Try:
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source, that’s when you hit ketosis.
While on the Keto diet you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from fat, 15 to 25 percent from protein, and 10 percent from carbohydrates. You’re supposed to avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
The Best Keto Chili Recipe
This is the Best Keto Chili Recipe because it’s loaded with 3 kinds of delicious meat, Ground Beef, Sausage and Bacon!!! Usings 3 types of meat not only means tons of protein but it also adds so much more flavour to the chili. You really don’t miss the beans!!! The recipe requires minimal effort and only uses simple and easy to find ingredients like ground beef, sausage and canned tomatoes. The low carb chili is also naturally high in protein and is paleo as well as gluten and dairy free.
Looking for some more delicious Keto Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my readers favourite recipes to share. Their number one favourite are these Keto Bacon Dill Pickle Fat Bombs. Everyone loves how quick and easy they are to make. Another one of Their favourites, are these tasty Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. They’re perfect for impressing party guests or for spoiling someone special.
– This chili recipe is thick and hearty. If you prefer a chili that is not quite as thick, simply add a little water until it reaches the desired thickness.
– To thicken keto chili, you can bring it to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer it with the lid off. As it simmers, the liquid begins to evaporate, which thickens the chili. Make sure you stir it occasionally.
– Store bought chili seasoning can be used for this recipe if preferred. Just swap out the spices for chili sesaoning. (make sure it’s gluten free) Taco seasoning also works well if needed.
– You can skip the sausage in this recipe and use just ground beef or ground turkey if desired. You can also use regular sausage if you don’t like it spicy.
– Add a little water before reheating this chili. If you like it thick just add a small amount. If you like it runny… add a bit more.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Keto Chili. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below in the recipe card!★
The Best Keto Chili Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Hot Sausage
- 5 slices Bacon
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1/2 of a White Onion small
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 of a Red Pepper
- 1/2 of a Green Pepper
- 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes (796 ml)
- 6 oz can Tomato Paste (156 ml)
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Salt
- First fry the bacon until crispy and set aside for later. Brown the ground beef and sausage together next over medium-high heat in a large pot or skillet.
- Drain the fat from pot and add the diced onion and celery, minced garlic and chopped peppers to the pot. Let cook while stiring for 4 - 5 mins, then add the spices.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes and let simmer for 20 minutes, stiring a few times throughout. Next add the tomato paste to the pot and stir until it's fully combined. Reduce to low heat and simmer uncovered for another 15 - 20 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness. Then chop up the bacon and add to the chili before serving.
This Keto Chili Recipe makes 6 Servings
Each serving or 1/6 of the Batch =
277 Calories | 16 g Fat | 7.5 g Carbs | 2 g Fiber | 25 g Protein
5.5 g Net Carbs per Bowl
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
>> Click Here To Pin This Recipe <<
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto Chili, check out some of my other Keto Recipes Here:
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Follow OGF On Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram
The Best Keto Chili Recipe
Keywords: The Best Keto Chili Recipe; No Bean Chili Recipe; Keto Dairy Free Dinner Recipes; Keto Recipes using Ground Beef; Easy Keto Chili Recipes; Low Carb Chili Recipes; Recipes with Chili Powder; Keto slow cooker Chili recipes; Keto game day recipes; Best No Bean Chili Recipe; Best keto game day recipe; family friendly keto recipes; keto chili without beans; Gluten Free Chili recipes; Keto Chili with crockpot
Leave a Reply