These Smashed Sweet Potatoes are fluffy and soft on the inside with a buttery crispy outside, smothered in garlic butter and parmesan cheese! They make a delicious addition to weeknight dinners, a mouthwatering game day snack and a crowd-pleasing Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish.
What are Smashed Sweet Potatoes?
If you are looking for a fun gluten free side dish to make for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or to go along with any meal, try these smashed sweet potatoes! They have a glorious crispy skins, comforting creamy middles, and a savoury garlic-Parmesan flavour. They are SO fun and delicious!
I’m a huge fan of potato wedges, roasted potatoes, and of course French fries, but these crispy smashed sweet potatoes might just be my favourite potatoes yet. Conveniently, they’re perfect for a wide variety of occasions. They make a mouthwatering game day snack and a crowd-pleasing Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish.
>> Click Here To Pin This Recipe To Pinterest <<
What Ingredients do you need to make Smashed Sweet Potatoes?
To make these deliciously crispy smashed sweet potatoes you’ll need:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
How do you make Smashed Sweet Potatoes?
To make these Gluten Free Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes:
Step 1: Wash then cut the sweet potatoes into ¾-inch thick, round slices. Try to get the slices as uniform as possible so that they’ll cook in the same amount of time. Steam or boil the potatoes for 20 – 25 minutes.
Step 2: Preheat oven to broil and grease a large baking sheet with the olive oil. Arrange sweet potatoes onto the sheet and gently smash each potato with a fork (they will be soft, so try not to press too hard).
Step 3: Mix together the melted butter, garlic and parsley. Drizzle the mixture over each sweet potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
MORE GLUTEN FREE SIDE DISH RECIPES TO TRY:
- Loaded Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Sweet Potato Bites with Marshmallow
- Honey Dill Carrots
- Smashed Brussel Sprouts
Recipe Notes for making the best Smashed Sweet Potatoes:
- Sweet potatoes: look for long, medium size sweet potatoes, not large fat ones if possible. It will make them easier to smash.
- I don’t peel the potatoes because the skin makes them extra crispy.
- Using parchment paper is my default, but I don’t recommend that you use it here. Baking the potatoes directly on the oiled sheet pan helps them become extra crispy underneath.
- Olive oil + butter: I much prefer the extra flavour and crispiness that melted butter adds. That said, butter will smoke much more at high heat, so I recommend brushing the pan with olive oil first (or misting it with cooking spray) and then using butter to brush or drizzle onto the smashed potatoes themselves.
- Feel free to add whatever seasonings you love best, either before or after baking.
- Make them vegan: Just use vegan butter or olive oil in place of the butter and skip the Parm.
- Store in the fridge: After they’ve cooled, store the smashed sweet potatoes in an airtight container in your fridge. They last up to 4 days!
- To reheat: Preheat your oven to 350 F. Then, place them on a cookie sheet and bake them for 15-20 minutes.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like these Easy Smashed Sweet Potatoes. If you aren’t already Following my Keto/Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I Post all my New Recipes, you can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
★DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!★
Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes small
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic small
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Wash then cut the sweet potatoes into ¾-inch thick, round slices. Try to get the slices as uniform as possible so that they’ll cook in the same amount of time. Steam or boil the potatoes for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil and grease a large baking sheet with the olive oil (or use cooking spray). Arrange sweet potatoes onto the sheet and gently smash each potato with a fork (they will be soft, so try not to press too hard).
- Mix together the melted butter, garlic and parsley. Drizzle the mixture over each sweet potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil until they are golden and crispy (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and return to the oven for another 5 - 7 minutes. Season with a little salt and parsley.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
>> Click Here To Pin This Recipe <<
If you Love this Gluten Free Easy Smashed Sweet Potato Recipe, check out some of my other Gluten Free Side Dish Recipes Here:
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Follow OGF On Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram
Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Keywords: Smashed Sweet potatoes; Easy Smashed Sweet potato Recipe; Gluten Free Smashed Sweet Potatoes Recipes; Gluten Free recipes using Sweet Potatoes; Easy Gluten Free side dishes; Smashed Sweet potato Recipes with garlic and Parmesan; Parmesan Sweet Potato recipes; Gluten Free Smashed Sweet Potatoes with parmesan cheese; gluten free Smashed Sweet Potato recipes; family friendly Gluten free side dishes; Side dishes for Thanksgiving
Leave a Reply