Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken
This Gluten Free Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken has just the right amount of heat. It’s so creamy and is loaded with Incredible Flavor. I could eat this soup every day. It can be made with Shrimp or Beef instead of Chicken, or skip the Chicken and use some Veggie Broth and Sweet Potato for a delicious Vegetarian version.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
4 Chicken Breasts
2-3 Tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
2 Cans Coconut Milk
3-4 Cups Chicken Broth
8 – 10 White Mushrooms
1 Red Pepper
1 Small Zucchini
1-2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
1 Stalk Lemon Grass (optional)
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce (optional)
3 or 4 Lime Leaves (optional)
1. Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces. Then fry in oil, in a large pot with the fresh ginger.
2. Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the curry paste, basil and optional, fish sauce, lemon grass and lime leaves.
3. Add 1 can of coconut milk and stir until well combined.
4. Add the chicken broth.
5. Slice, then add the mushrooms, zucchini and red pepper.
6. Squeeze in the juice from 2 of the limes.
7. Add the second can of coconut milk, then let simmer for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
8. Serve with a slice of lime and an optional side of rice or rice vermicelli noodles.
I use homemade chicken broth, which tends to be thicker than store bought chicken broth. If you’re using store bought, you may want to add less depending on how thick you like your soup. If you use homemade chicken broth you may need to add a little water depending on how thick your broth is.
If you liked this recipe for Thai Coconut Curry Soup, Then you may also like these recipes for Thai Peanut Salad, Spicy Green Pea Coconut Curry Soup, Roasted Cauliflower Corn Chowder or Chicken Satay (Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce)
Let’s Connect on Social Media
Looks so yummy. This is going on my list of things to make. Thanks 🙂
You’re Welcome 🙂
This looks fantastic!! Nice job! My mouth is watering and now I must go buy lemongrass!!
This looks fantastic! I think this will be on our dinner menu this evening!
I am looking forward to trying this. Love Thai red curry.
We lived in Thailand for four years. How I miss Thai food. Will pass this on to my husband, the cook. Thanks so much for the follow.
try small things
This looks SO delicious! A must-try!
oh yum, I want to eat that right now!!
I’m thinking Thai Basil could be used instead of regular basil?
For sure Michelle ?
Jonabelle Luz Montecillo
My children love spicy foods. I will try this recipe at home. Thanks
Made it without lemon grass and fish sauce. It was still supper yummy. Added rice to the broth when it was cooked. Served with Naan bread and plain greek yogurt.