These Keto Beef Taquitos are incredibly easy to make and they taste Amazing. They’re loaded with flavor and provide a nutritious hit of healthy fats. They’re Gluten Free and Low Carb. You can have them as a Mid-Afternoon Snack, or a Delicious Keto Appetizer or Side Dish.
How do you a Make Keto Beef Taquito?
To make these delicious and easy Beef taquitos you start by browning the beef with the minced onion. Then, in a small cup, mix the cumin, chilli powder, onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper with the water. Then pour over the browned ground beef. Let simmer for 5 – 10 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated.
Mix the cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Divide the cheese mixture into 6, then make into balls. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 1- 2 minutes. Flip upside down, then place a few spoonfuls of the beef on the edge of each shell. Tightly roll each one into a cigar shape. ( You need to do this quite quickly, before the cheese hardens.)
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When in ketosis, your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source.
On Keto, you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from Fat, 15 to 25 percent from Protein, and 10 percent from Carbohydrates. You should avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Keto Beef Taquitos
This Keto Beef Taquito Recipe requires minimal effort and only uses simple and easy to find ingredients like ground beef, onion, shredded cheese and cumin. The recipe is best served with a side of sour cream and garnished with chopped fresh Cilantro or Parsley. It’s a perfect make ahead recipe that can quickly be reheated by preheating your oven to 350 F. Then baking for 6-8 minutes.They can be made with many variations. Instead of Beef you could use Chicken with Franks Red or Keto Bbq Sauce or you could add a little cream cheese and or jalapeños.
Looking for some more delicious Keto Appetizer Recipes? My absolute fav are these Keto Crab Rangoon Fat Bombs. I love that they’re so easy and quick to make. Another one of our favourites, is this tasty Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. They’re perfect for impressing dinner guests or for spoiling someone special. Let us know how they turned out for you in the comments below!
- Be Sure Not Use Wax Paper! It must be Parchment Paper.
- To reheat, Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Cheese slices also work great for this recipe.
- I let cheese shell cool for a minute then flipped it over before putting the filling onto it. This step isn’t necessary but I found that it made the taquitos look a little prettier.
- You can use a store bought taco spice instead of adding all the spices one by one but make sure to check for carbs because some add corn starch to their packets.
- This recipe makes 6 Keto Taco Flavored Beef Taquitos
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Keto Beef Taquitos. If you aren’t already following my Keto/Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my new recipes, you can join here and follow me on Pinterest here.
Keto Beef Taquitos
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Minced Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1. Brown the beef with the minced onion. Then in a cup mix the cumin, chilli powder, onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper with the water. Pour over the browned ground beef and let simmer for 5 - 10 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Divide the cheese mixture into 6 then make balls. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake @ 400 F for 6-8 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- 3. Let cool for 1- 2 minutes. Flip upside down, then place a few spoonfuls of the beef on the edge of each shell. Tightly roll each one into a cigar shape. (You need to do this quite quickly, before the cheese hardens)
- Note: Do not use wax paper. Only parchment paper will work. The cheese will stick to wax paper.
1 Batch of Keto Beef Taquitos = 6 Servings
Each Serving (1 Taquito) =
231 Cal | 17.8 g Fat | Carbs 1.2 g | Fibre 0 g | Sugar 0.2 g | Protein 16.4 g
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Dinner Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto Beef Taquitos, check out some of my other keto friendly dinner recipes here:
- Keto Chicken Quesadilla
- Grilled Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Keto Peanut Chicken Satay
- Jicama Fries with Easy Keto Gravy
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.