This Twisted Bacon is a literal twist on your favourite breakfast food. The delicious Bacon is the perfect combination of crispy crunchy edges and soft bacon goodness. It’s incredibly easy to make with only one ingredient….bacon!
Commonly Asked Questions About Making Twisted Bacon
– What is Twisted bacon? Twisted bacon is bacon that’s been twisted before cooking. Twisting it gives it a combination of crispy crunchy edges and soft bacon goodness.
– Is Twist Bacon Keto? Yes it is Keto. Bacon only has 1 g of Carbs per piece, making it a great keto option.
– Why Do People Twist their Bacon? People twist their bacon because it makes it extra crispy and delicious and it’s way more fun to eat.
– How Long do you bake Twisted Bacon in the oven for? Twisted bacon gets bakes for between 25 and 30 minutes, depending on your choice of crispiness.
– What type of bacon is best for making Twisted Bacon with? I like using regular cut bacon because it gets a little more crispy than thick bacon, which I prefer. If you use thick cut bacon you get more a soft and chewy middle with a crispy outside. It comes down to personal preference which of the two is better.
How do you make Twisted Bacon?
Twisted Bacon in the Air Fryer
To make Twisted Bacon in the Air Fryer you preheat the air fryer to 350 F then place the twisted bacon in the basket and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes.
Twisted Bacon in the Toaster Oven
To make Twisted bacon in the toaster oven you’d preheat the it to 350 F and bake the twisted bacon for around 20 minutes. Be sure to flip the bacon at least once while baking.
Twisted Bacon on the BBQ
Twisted Turkey Bacon
Bacon… That’s it! How easy is that? One Ingredient *Chef’s Kiss*.
What do you eat with Twisted Bacon?
Variations – Different Ways to Make Twisted Bacon
Parmesan Cheese Bacon Twists – Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the twisted bacon immediately after cooking.
Peppery Bacon Twists – Sprinkle fresh ground pepper on the bacon before twisting.
Sweet Bacon Twists – Sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar (or Brown Sugar Substitute) on the bacon before twisting.
Garlic Bacon Twists – Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder on the bacon before twisting.
Spicy Bacon Twists – Use a little cayenne pepper to add some heat to the twisted bacon.
Sweet and Salty Bacon Twists – Mix brown sugar with a little Himalayan salt and sprinkle it on the bacon before twisting.
Twisted Bacon Recipe
This Twisted Bacon Recipe requires minimal effort and only uses one simple and easy to find ingredient… bacon! Bacon is naturally high in protein and is keto, low carb as well as gluten and dairy free. TikTok Twisted Bacon, the viral bacon method for Crispy Bacon outside, tender soft bacon inside, twist and twirl to the BEST bacon EVER!
Looking for some more delicious Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my families favourite recipes to share. Our absolute fav are these Bacon Zucchini Fries I love that they’re so easy and quick to make. Another one of our favourites, is this tasty Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. They’re perfect for impressing dinner guests or for spoiling someone special. Let us know how they turned out for you in the comments below!
– Using a thicker baking pan is important for this recipe because a thin baking pan could warp in the oven causing the grease to spill onto the bottom. A larger lasagne type pan is also a good option to keep the grease from spilling.
– You can make as many bacon twists as you need to. Some packs have less then 12 pieces. In that case just make as many as comes in the pack. Also you can make just a few pieces at a time if needed. A toaster oven is a great option for this.
– Placing the finished bacon twists onto a piece of paper towel helps remove some of the excess grease.
– If you have a hard time twisting the bacon, you can try using a chop stick to tightly twist the bacon around. Then just pull the chop stick out before cooking.
– It’s best to use Parchment paper Not waxed paper. You can also use a baking rack over a baking pan, or a non greased cookie sheet if preferred.
– Transferring the bacon to a fresh piece of parchment paper halfway through baking helps get the bacon extra crispy.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Twisted Bacon. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
- 12 Slices Bacon
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then take both sides of a strip of bacon and twist it into a long twisted line that's tightly twisted up. Place the twisted bacon onto the lined baking sheet and repeat until all of the bacon is twisted.
- Bake for 12 minutes (approximately) then flip the bacon twists over and bake for another 12 - 14 minutes or until the bacon is your desired crispiness. You may need to pour off some of the grease part way through cooking.
- Note: Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. If you're using a thick cut bacon you may need to cook it a little longer.
Per 2 Pieces of Twisted Bacon
230 Calories | 20 g Fat | 2 g Carbs | 0 g Fibre | 9 g Protein
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto Twisted Bacon, check out some of my other Keto Bacon Recipes Here:
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- Dill Pickle Fat Bombs with Bacon
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla
- Jalapeno Popper Dip with Crispy Bacon
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Keto Twisted Bacon
Keywords: Twisted Bacon; Keto Twisted Bacon Recipe; Keto bacon Recipes; Recipes using only bacon; Easy Keto Lunch Recipes; Tik Tok Twisted Bacon Recipe; Keto Bacon Twist Recipes; Family Friendly Keto Recipes; Keto Appetizer recipes; Bacon twists; Low carb Breakfast; Gluten Free Bacon Twists Recipe; How to make Bacon Twists