This Easy to Make Crispy Baked Lemon Parmesan Chicken is Smothered in a Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce. It’s a Delicious and Healthy Family Friendly Dinner that can be made in under an hour. The Flavourful Lemon Chicken uses Parmesan Cheese and Mayonnaise as the breading which is completely Grain Free as well as Gluten Free, Low Carb and Keto.
How to make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
To make this Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken recipe, you start by preheating your oven to 350 F. Then, place the chicken breasts in a well oiled baking dish. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the parmesan cheese, lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt. Spread the mayo parmesan evenly over the chicken breasts. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. (cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken breast)
To make the creamy lemon sauce melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the mince garlic and let brown for 1 – 2 minutes. Next add the lemon pepper and lemon juice to the pan. Stir until mixed through, then slowly stir in the cream. Stir the mozzarella cheese and let simmer while stirring for another 3 – 4 minutes. Add the chopped fresh dill and stir just until mixed in.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source, that’s when you hit ketosis.
While on the Keto diet you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from fat, 15 to 25 percent from protein, and 10 percent from carbohydrates. You’re supposed to avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
This recipe for Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken requires minimal effort and only uses simple, fresh and easy to find ingredients like chicken breast, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and lemons.
Looking for some more delicious Keto Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my readers favourite recipes to share. Their number 1 favourite are these Keto Bacon Dill Pickle Fat Bombs. Everyone loves how quick and easy they are to make. Another one of Their favourites, are these tasty Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. They’re perfect for impressing party guests or for spoiling someone special.
- Removing as much of the liquid from the baking dish as possible around halfway through baking, will keep the parmesan chicken nice and crispy. You can gently poor off the liquid, use a spoon or baster to suck it out, or use a baking rack in your pan to keep the chicken off the bottom. Another option is to Gently move the chicken to a parchment paper lined baking sheet half way through cooking. This will help keep the breading nice and dry and crispy.
- For an extra crisp, add a little more parmesan cheese to the tops before baking. Then turn your oven to broil for the last few minutes, but watch very carefully.
- The Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce is optional. The chicken is delicious enough to have on it’s own without the sauce. So if you’re counting calories or just don’t like cream sauce, you can easily skip it.
- This Lemon Chicken and Cream Sauce also makes a fantastic pasta, served over: Zucchini Noodles, Steamed Vegetables, Cauliflower Rice, Low Carb or Gluten Free Noodles.
- The mayonnaise and parmesan breading will work for chicken thighs as well. Using boneless thighs pounded flat, worked as well as the chicken breasts.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken. If you aren’t already following my Keto/ Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join Here and Follow me on Pinterest Here.
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Powdered
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- for the Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 Tsp Dill Fresh
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Place the chicken breasts in a well oiled baking dish. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the parmesan cheese, lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt.
- Spread the mayo parmesan evenly over the chicken breasts. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the tops are browned. (cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken breast)
- To make the Creamy Lemon Sauce
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the mince garlic and let brown for 1 - 2 minutes. Next add the lemon pepper and lemon juice to the pan. Whisk until mixed through, then slowly stir in the cream. Add the mozzarella cheese and let simmer while stirring for another 3 - 4 minutes. Add the chopped fresh dill and stir just until mixed in.
This Recipe for Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken makes 4 Servings
1 Serving = 1 Chicken Breast and 1/4 of the Lemon Cream Sauce
530 Calories | 44 g Fat | 2.5 g Carbs | 0 g Fiber | 30 g Protein
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken, check out some of my other Keto Friendly Chicken Recipes Here:
- Keto Chicken Quesadilla
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Chicken Fajita Rolls Ups
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Keto Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Keywords: Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken; Keto Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe; Keto Lemon Chicken Recipes; Keto Recipes using chicken; Low Carb chicken Recipes; Keto lemon chicken with cream sauce recipes; Best Keto chicken recipe; keto family friendly dinner recipe; family friendly low carb chicken recipes; keto baked lemon chicken recipes; keto chicken breast recipes; Parmesan Cheese Crusted Chicken; Keto Mayo Parmesan Chicken; Mayonnaise Parmesan Chicken Recipe