These Delicious Homemade Gluten Free & Keto Garlic Butter Croutons are Made with Easy to make Fathead dough that’s Drenched in Garlic Butter, then Slowly Baked to Perfection. They add the perfect Tasty Crunch to a Low Carb Salad or Soup.
How Do You Make Keto Garlic Butter Croutons?
To make these Tasty Keto Garlic Butter Croutons, you start by melting the shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove from the heat, then stir the melted cheeses until they’re well combined.
Using a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and eggs to the cheese mixture. Mix until very well combined. Then, between 2 pieces of parchment paper press the dough into a rectangle. Remove the top piece of parchment paper, then brush with 2 tbsp of the melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of garlic powder. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven, then cut into 1/4 ” squares. Over medium heat, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan. Add the remaining garlic powder to the melted butter, then place the bread squares into the pan. Stir until all the pieces are well coated with butter. Brown for approximately 5 minutes, stirring as it cooks.
Spread a fresh piece of parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. Then spread the croutons evenly on the pan. Leave as much space between them as possible. Bake for 16 – 18 minutes, or until the croutons are golden brown and crunchy.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source, that’s when you hit ketosis.
While on the Keto diet you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from fat, 15 to 25 percent from protein, and 10 percent from carbohydrates. You’re supposed to avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Keto Garlic Butter Croutons
This easy Keto Garlic Butter Crouton Recipe can be whipped up in under 30 minutes. Croutons have always been my favourite part of Caesar Salad. I’ve gone years without them and I’ve missed their delicious crunchiness… So I decided to make some with fathead dough. I’m glad I did because they’ve turned out perfect every time and I haven’t had a salad without since.
Are you looking for some delicious Keto Breakfast Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my families favourite recipes to share. Our absolute fav are these Keto Coconut Protein Pancakes. I love that they’re so easy and quick to make. Another one of our favourites, are these tasty Keto Strawberry French Toast Cups. They’re perfect for impressing brunch guests or for spoiling someone special.
– Store on the counter uncovered for 1 – 2 days, then they can be stored in a container or zip lock bag for up to 1 week after that.
– Melting the shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese in a microwave depends on how powerful you microwave is. My rule of thumb is to melt the cheese in increments of 30 seconds and stir. I did 2 30 seconds and an extra 15.
– When making the fathead dough it feels like it’s going to be too wet at first but if you keep mixing it, it thickens. It’s important for it to be mix very well.
– You can add some extra flavour to the croutons by mixing in a little basil, rosemary, oregano or parsley with the garlic powder.
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like these Keto Garlic Butter Croutons. If you aren’t already following my Keto / Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join here and Follow me on Pinterest here.
Keto Garlic Butter Croutons
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Xanthan Gum optional
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Pre Heat oven to 400 F. Melt the shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese in a non stick frying pan over medium heat. (This step can also be done in a microwave) Remove from the heat, then stir the melted cheeses until they’re well combined. Using a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and eggs to the cheese mixture. Mix until very well combined.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, press the dough into a rectangle. Approximately 10 ” x 8″. Remove the top piece of parchment paper, then poke some holes in it with a fork. Brush with 2 tbsp of the melted butter. Then sprinkle with 1 tsp of garlic powder. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, then cut into 1/4 ” squares. Over medium heat, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan. Add the remaining garlic powder to the melted butter, then place the bread squares into the pan. Stir until all the pieces are well coated with butter. Brown for approximately 5 minutes, stirring as it cooks.
- Spread a fresh piece of parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. Then spread the croutons evenly on the pan. Leave as much space between them as possible. Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, or until they're golden brown and crunchy. Turn them once or twice throughout baking.
This recipe makes 3 Cups of Keto Garlic Butter Croutons or 12 Servings
Each Serving / 1/4 Cup of Croutons
187 Cal | 16.6 g Fat | 3.4 g Carbs | 1.4 g Fiber | 6.9 g Protein
2 g Net Carbs per 1/4 Batch
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
>> Click Here To Pin This Recipe <<
If you love this Recipe for Keto Garlic Butter Croutons, check out some of my other Keto Friendly Recipes Here:
- Keto Chicken Quesadilla
- Fathead Sausage Rolls
- Cheesy Keto Tuna Melts
- Low Carb Sour Cream and Chive Crackers
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Follow OGF on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram
Keto Garlic Butter Croutons
Keywords: Keto Garlic Butter Croutons; Keto Garlic Butter Crouton recipe; Keto Summer Salad Recipes; low carb croutons; Easy Low Carb Salads; Fathead dough recipes; Fathead croutons; Easy Keto crouton recipes; Keto ceaser salad; Gluten Free Croutons; Cheese dough croutons; Crunchy kept croutons