This Cheesy Gluten Free & Keto Chicken Quesadilla Recipe can be Made in Under 20 Minutes!!! It’s Incredibly Easy to Make and Tastes Just Like a Traditional Mexican Style Quesadilla. The Low Carb and Keto Cheese Shell is a Perfect Fit for this Classic. You’ll Wonder Why you Haven’t Tried This Sooner! It Makes an Awesome On The Go Lunch or an Easy to Throw Together Dinner.
How do you Make a Keto Chicken Quesadilla?
To make this Tasty Cheese Shelled Keto Chicken Quesadillas, preheat your oven to 400 F. Then, cover a pizza pan with Parchment Paper (NOT wax paper). Mix the Cheeses together, then evenly spread them over the parchment paper (in a circle shape).
Bake the cheese shell for 5 minutes. Pour off any extra oil as soon as it comes out of the oven. Then place the chicken over half of the cheese shell. Add the sliced peppers, diced tomato and the chopped green onion. Fold the Cheese shell in half over the chicken and veggies.
Press it firmly, then return it to the oven for another 4- 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, parsley or cilantro.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
The ketogenic diet (often called keto) is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When in ketosis, your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source.
On Keto, you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from Fat, 15 to 25 percent from Protein, and 10 percent from Carbohydrates. You should avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
Keto Chicken Quesadilla
Do you miss Quesadillas? If you do then you’re going to love this 6 Ingredient Keto Chicken Quesadilla Recipe. It’s so simple, yet so satisfying. I decided to replace the tortilla shell with a cheese shell and it worked perfectly. The best part is, it’s so quick and easy to make. I used plain chicken but you could spice yours up with a little taco spice or buffalo sauce. You could even switch out the chicken for shredded pork, shredded or ground beef or grilled shrimp. You can also use a wide range of vegetables, like avocado, grilled zucchini, onion or mushrooms.
Looking for some more delicious Keto Recipes? You’re in luck! I have some of my readers favourite recipes to share. Their number 1 favourite are these Keto Bacon Dill Pickle Fat Bombs. Everyone loves how quick and easy they are to make. Another one of Their favourites, are these tasty Keto Jalapeño Popper Taquitos. They’re perfect for impressing party guests or for spoiling someone special.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 400 F. Bake for 6-8 minutes (if cold, a little less if room temp).
- I let cheese shell cool for a minute then flipped it over before putting the filling onto it. This step isn’t necessary but I found that it made the quesadilla look a little prettier.
- Use Parchment Paper (NOT waxed paper)
- This recipe makes 1 Keto Chicken Quesadilla | 1 Serving = 1/2 of a Quesadilla
DON’T MISS ANY NEW RECIPES:
Don’t miss any recipes like this Keto Chicken Quesadilla. If you aren’t already following my Keto / Gluten Free Recipe Page on Facebook where I post all my New Recipes, You can Join here and Follow me on Pinterest here.
Keto Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Diced Tomato
- 1/8 Cup Green Onion
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a pizza pan with Parchment Paper (NOT wax paper). Mix the Cheeses together, then evenly spread them over the parchment paper (in a circle shape). Bake the cheese shell for 5 minutes. Pour off any extra oil as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Place the chicken over half of the cheese shell. Then add the sliced peppers, diced tomato and the chopped green onion. Fold the Cheese shell in half over the chicken and veggies. Press it firmly, then return it to the oven for another 4- 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Garnish with Chopped Fresh Basil, Parsley or Cilantro.
- Note: To reheat, preheat oven to 400 F. Bake for 6-8 minutes (if cold).
1 Keto Chicken Quesadilla = 2 Servings
Each Serving (Not Including Sauces) =
599 Calories | 40.5 g Fat | 6.1 g Carbs | 0.7 g Fiber | 52.7 g Protein
5.4 g Net Carbs per 1/2 a Quesadilla
Note: Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Let’s Be Friends on Pinterest! I’m Always Sharing Great Recipes!
Other Keto Friendly/Low Carb Recipes:
If you love this Recipe for Keto Chicken Quesadilla, check out some of my other Keto Friendly Chicken Recipes Here:
- Keto Chicken Quesadilla
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Chicken Fajita Rolls Ups
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Tried this recipe? Mention @officiallyglutenfree or tag #officiallyglutenfree to share your creations!
© Copyright OfficiallyGlutenFree (Lyndsay Baker). I’d love you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe or instructions to social media/websites. Please consider using a photo with a link to this recipe instead.
Keto Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
Keywords: Keto Chicken Quesadilla; Keto Chicken Quesadilla Recipe; Keto Mexican Recipes; Keto Recipes using chicken; Easy Keto Appetizer Recipes; Low Carb quesadilla Recipes; Keto Holiday recipes; Keto game day recipes; Best Keto recipe keto game day recipe; family friendly keto recipes; keto quesadilla recipes; keto roasted chicken recipes; Keto chicken Dinner recipes